Seychelles was among tourism destinations that availed of the opportunity to be showcased at a new travel trade show focusing exclusively on the Chinese market.
The Seychelles’ Tourism Board and trade partners participated in the first-ever ITB China, held at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition Convention Center from 10th to 12th May 2017.
The event provided three days of perfect networking opportunities for handpicked Chinese buyers and international travel industry partners.
The Seychelles’ Tourism Board Office in South Korea has appointed a well-known novelist in the Asian nation, Yeong Ok Baek, as one of the Friends of Seychelles-Press.
The appointment was revealed during a press conference held at Gwanghwamun, Seoul city on the 25th of May, 2017. Some 30 members of South Korea’s most important press were in attendance.
Seychelles, being an island destination boasting powder-white beaches, lush tropical vegetation and calm turquoise waters, attracts a host of vacationers every year.
Visitors come in search of the perfect beach wedding, exotic honeymoon, a great diving experience or simply to get in touch with nature.
The Seychelles Tourism Board Office in China organized a workshop for travel agents in Hong Kong to provide them with a better understanding of what the destination has to offer.
After four days of discovery and getting a hands on experience of what Seychelles has to offer, eight French Travel agents are now more knowledgeable and better prepared to sell the destination.
The travel agents from Paris, Nantes and Dijon joined the first Seychelles Smart Familiarization trip organized by the Seychelles Tourism board office in Paris for 2017. The educational trip, which is firmly established on the Paris office’s yearly calendar of activities, was held from the 11th to 17th May.
Ethiopian Airlines has announced the addition of a sixth weekly flight on the Seychelles route as of 6th December 2017.
Commenting on the decision, Ethiopian Airline’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Busera Awel, reiterated the airline’s commitment to offer convenient connectivity options to more than 54 African cities, while citing the importance of air transport to the tourist appeal and for economic growth in general.
Seychelles is getting added visibility in China as targeted travelers on certain niche markets are being reached through a range of publications featuring the island destination.
The Seychelles Tourism Board CEO, Mrs. Sherin Francis and Manager of the archipelago’s tourist office in China, Mr. Jean-Luc Lai-Lam have been appearing in several newspapers and travel magazines.
- The Seychelles Tourism Board strengthens relations with the Guangdong Tourism Administration
- SEYCHELLES TOURISM BOARD AND AIR SEYCHELLES HOLD PRESS EVENTS IN BRUSSELS AND AMSTERDAM
- Seychelles Tourism Board at WTM Connect Asia
- Seychelles attends RETOSA's third extraordinary board meeting
- Seychelles Tourism Board Escapades Seychelles Roadshow back on the road
- Seychelles represented at eighth sanremoJunior song contest in Italy
- Seychelles takes part in the 105th session of the UNWTO executive council
- ‘Seychelles committed to create greater accessibility for Chinese travellers,’ says Tourism Minister
- Seychelles Tourism Board launches new marketing campaign in China
- Seychellois gets high level post at Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa