The Seychelles islands was recently featured in the famous lifestyle programme ‘Expresso’ aired on South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).
Expresso is a morning show aired on SABC 3, covering a wide range of topics such as home, green living, fashion, entertainment, food, technology and travel.
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has held a series of meetings with its major airline partners recently, aimed at boosting ties and seeking more marketing support for the destination.
The meetings took place at the world’s leading travel trade show, ITB, which was held in Berlin, Germany from March 8-12.
The Seychelles Tourism Board’s (STB) office in South Africa has recorded an increased interest in the meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) market in the last year, reason why it wants to aggressively pursue this growing segment.
The romance niche is another segment which is doing very well on this market and the office has attended three bridal shows since the start of 2017.
The delegation that was representing Seychelles at ITB Berlin last week met members of various media houses in Germany to promote our national airline’s twice weekly direct flight, Seychelles-Dusseldorf.
The press conference and a cocktail reception on the Seychelles stand, which was attended by the secretary general of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation Taleb Rifai, were both organised in collaboration with Air Seychelles.
The National Assembly has approved the Seychelles Tourism Board’s (STB) proposed budget for 2017 amounting to the sum of R147.3m.
This was during the National Assembly’s sitting this morning, after the leader of government business Charles de Commarmond presented a motion to move that the National Assembly resolves to approve the supplementary estimates to regularise the expenditure of SR226,533,165 (Rupees Two hundred and twenty-six million, five hundred and thirty –three thousand and one hundred and sixty five only) in excess of approved budget for the year 2017.
- Tourism Minister meets mentoring committee of Shannon College graduates
- Outbound Travel Mart 2017 in India – a successful one for Seychelles
- Students at the Al Yasat private school in Abu Dhabi learn more about Seychelles
- Le Duc de Praslin furthers its efforts towards greener methods
- Seychelles’ underwater world showcased at top European Diving Show
- Seychelles Tourism Board showcases the islands in California
- Tourism minister continues visit to Mahe’s establishments
- Tourism commission agents learn more on customer care services
- Seychelles Tourism Board thanks French press for support
- Seychelles delegation head to Germany for annual ITB tourism trade fair