Seychelles benefits from UNWTO expertise as work progresses to develop and implement a Tourism Satellite Account
The Tourism Department is pushing ahead with its objective to have tangible measurement of the economic impact of tourism that has long been the mainstay of the Seychelles economy.
With work already started to develop a Tourism Satellite Account for Seychelles, stakeholders in the industry have been provided with a better understanding of the statistical framework, the importance of such a tool, as well as the need for relevant and consistent statistics to be made available.
A two-day workshop was held on Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th July at the AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa.
Seychelles joins the Experiential Planner Expo in New Delhi, tapping into India’s thriving destination wedding & MICE segments
Seychelles as a potential destination for small scale Indian weddings, as well as Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events (MICE) trips, was accentuated upon at the recent Experiential Planner Expo (EPEX) held in India.
The event which is part of the WOW Awards & Convention Asia was held from the 6th to 8th July at the Pullman Hotels and Resorts, in Aerocity, New Delhi.
It’s the second year that the event has been organised and the 2017 edition saw the participation of over a thousand delegates, including corporate decision-makers, MICE and destination wedding planners, event company owners, influencers among others from all-over Asia.
Creole Travel Services introduces the ‘Zephir’ offering a unique view of the Seychelles underwater world
Seychelles as a destination has much to offer visitors thanks to its natural environment, turquoise coloured-waters and pristine beaches. For those interested in the marine life, the Indian Ocean archipelago can also be described as a storehouse for marine biodiversity.
While taking a plunge into the deep ocean is the way to way for a close encounter with amazing sea creatures; a snorkeling or diving expedition may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
In the quest to provide other options to those unable or unwilling to get their feet wet, local Destination Management Company, Creole Travel Services (CTS) has made a new addition to its fleet of vessels.
The Seychelles archipelago remains an idyllic destination attracting travelers from across the globe whether they are in search of budget-friendly or celebrity extravagant holidays.
The islands’ lush tropical vegetation, spectacular powder-white beaches and clear turquoise ocean provide the perfect backdrop for vacationers to take enviable snaps.
Well-known personalities are among those constantly choosing the destination for their picture-perfect getaways, including to spend their honeymoon.
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has expressed the desire the see further growth of its relationship with Ethiopian Airlines, for the betterment of both the airline and the island destination.
The Chief Executive of the STB, Mrs. Sherin Francis on Tuesday met with the outgoing Ethiopian Airlines’ area manager for Seychelles, Ms. Meseret Tekalign and her successor Ms. Meron Tsegaye.
The meeting held at the STB headquarters at the Espace Building was attended by STB’s Deputy Chief Executive Ms. Jenifer Sinon and Senior Marketing Executive Mrs. Amia Jovanovic-Desir.
Praslin hoteliers express desire to see more activities for tourists upon visit of Tourism Minister to tourism properties on the island
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Mr. Maurice Loustau-Lalanne, proceeded to Praslin Island last week, as he continues to visit tourism businesses, mainly holiday accommodations, in Seychelles.
Praslin, the Seychelles’ second most populated island, is home to many tourism businesses both big and small. Boasting lush tropical vegetation, clear turquoise waters and powder-white beaches that often make the list of the world’s best beaches, the island is a firm favourite among travelers to the archipelago.
- World Travel Awards 2017 winners honoured by the Seychelles Tourism Board and Tourism Ministry
- Seychelles’ contestant wins Photogenic Model title at Top Model of the World 2017
- Getting Seychelles into the ‘spotlight’: Seychelles Tourism Board moves to educate Kenyan travel agents on the destination
- Seychelles’ tourism industry mourns passing of longtime hotelier Louis D’Offay
- Tourism Minister heads to south Mahé as he continues to visit tourism properties in Seychelles
- Another certified green hotel for Praslin: Acajou Beach Resort obtains Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label
- Tourist establishment in Seychelles supporting community initiatives in the fight against climate change showcased on CNN’s Inside Africa
- Kafe Kreol -- Seychelles’ popular beachfront restaurant at Anse Royale reopens with new name, look and ownership
- The Seychelles Tourism Board & Air Seychelles treat German travel agents to a ‘spontaneous weekend’ in Seychelles
- Seychelles named top island destination in Africa & Middle East by Travel + Leisure for second year running