Seychelles, being an island destination boasting powder-white beaches, lush tropical vegetation and calm turquoise waters, attracts a host of vacationers every year.
Visitors come in search of the perfect beach wedding, exotic honeymoon, a great diving experience or simply to get in touch with nature.
The Seychelles Tourism Board Office in China organized a workshop for travel agents in Hong Kong to provide them with a better understanding of what the destination has to offer.
After four days of discovery and getting a hands on experience of what Seychelles has to offer, eight French Travel agents are now more knowledgeable and better prepared to sell the destination.
The travel agents from Paris, Nantes and Dijon joined the first Seychelles Smart Familiarization trip organized by the Seychelles Tourism board office in Paris for 2017. The educational trip, which is firmly established on the Paris office’s yearly calendar of activities, was held from the 11th to 17th May.
Ethiopian Airlines has announced the addition of a sixth weekly flight on the Seychelles route as of 6th December 2017.
Commenting on the decision, Ethiopian Airline’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Busera Awel, reiterated the airline’s commitment to offer convenient connectivity options to more than 54 African cities, while citing the importance of air transport to the tourist appeal and for economic growth in general.
Seychelles is getting added visibility in China as targeted travelers on certain niche markets are being reached through a range of publications featuring the island destination.
The Seychelles Tourism Board CEO, Mrs. Sherin Francis and Manager of the archipelago’s tourist office in China, Mr. Jean-Luc Lai-Lam have been appearing in several newspapers and travel magazines.
The Seychelles Tourism Board and the Guangdong Tourism Administration have discussed ways to reinforce Seychelles’ visibility in China’s Guangdong Province.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Mrs. Sherin Francis met with the Director General of the Guangdong Tourism Administration, Ms. Zeng Yingru on the 16th of May while on working visit in China. The meeting was held in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong Province.
The beautiful islands of Seychelles were brought to the Belgian and Dutch press and media in two events held in their respective capital city of Brussels and Amsterdam on the 22nd and 23rd May.
The press events was organised by the Seychelles Tourism Board Office in France and supported by the national airline Air Seychelles.
Bernadette Willemin, the Seychelles Tourism Board Director for Europe and Christine Ozouf, the Air Seychelles Commercial Manager for Europe, teamed up to address the 25 members of the press and media from each city.
- Seychelles Tourism Board at WTM Connect Asia
- Seychelles attends RETOSA's third extraordinary board meeting
- Seychelles Tourism Board Escapades Seychelles Roadshow back on the road
- Seychelles represented at eighth sanremoJunior song contest in Italy
- Seychelles takes part in the 105th session of the UNWTO executive council
- ‘Seychelles committed to create greater accessibility for Chinese travellers,’ says Tourism Minister
- Seychelles Tourism Board launches new marketing campaign in China
- Seychellois gets high level post at Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa
- Seychelles’ private and public sectors discuss way forward to better the tourism industry
- Seychelles Tourism Board intensifies marketing efforts on the Chinese market