Seychelles as a ‘destination of choice’ generates interest among travel trade at Indaba Exhibition in Durban
Seychelles recorded another successful participation at the INDABA 2017, as the Seychelles Tourism Board joined local trade partners to promote the destination. The three-day exhibition was held in Durban, South Africa, from 16th to 18th May 2017.
The INDABA trade fair continues to offer a good platform for the Seychelles Tourism Board to strengthen relationships with the trade and close new deals.
Such opportunities to network with trade partners are especially important now that the Seychelles is doubling its efforts to obtain more visitors arrival South Africa, which remains its main market in Africa.
Seychelles’ MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa has been named the Best Island Hotel in 2017 by the Prime Traveller Awards. The prize was announced on 30th May in Moscow.
Prime Traveller is a luxury lifestyle magazine distributed in Russia and its surrounding Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa was chosen for its “exclusive, premium hospitality” by Prime Traveller’s editorial members, who also highlighted the resorts secluded, untouched beach, gentle service and idyllic atmosphere.
Air Seychelles announces codeshare service to Beijing, Seychelles Tourism Board hopeful the move will help ease travelling for Chinese visitors
Air Seychelles has announced that it will now offer connections to China through the expansion of its codeshare agreement with Etihad Airways.
At the onset of the announcement, the Seychelles Tourism Board is hoping the agreement will ease the travelling experience of Chinese tourists choosing to holiday in Seychelles.
Air Seychelles’ “HM” code will be added to Etihad Airways’ daily service between Abu Dhabi and China’s capital, Beijing.
The codeshare agreement which takes effect on 14th June, 2017, will offer a one-stop connection between Seychelles and Beijing, via Abu Dhabi.
The Seychelles Tourism Board affirms that the island destination remains a firm favorite among travel professionals in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg.
This was clearly depicted in the successful turnout of travel agents who took part in another fruitful edition of Escapades Benelux.
The 7th edition of the Seychelles roadshow dedicated to the Benelux market was held from 6th to 9th June, 2017.
Seychelles concludes 3rd edition of the Eastern Europe Roadshow, providing an added boost to a growing market
The Seychelles Islands captivated the attention of travel agents across four main Central European capitals, as the Seychelles Tourism Board and trade partners hosted another successful edition of the Seychelles Eastern Europe Roadshow. The 3rd edition of the annual event was held from 22nd to 25th May, in Warsaw, Prague, Bratislava and Budapest.
Through their ‘train and Dine’ setup, the Seychelles Tourism Board and local trade partners held networking sessions with the travel agents, which proved to be an effective way of grabbing their attention in a more friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
A new publication -- The Absolute Seychelles magazine -- aimed at enhancing visitors’ knowledge of the ins and outs of the destination was launched this week.
Featuring a wide selection of photos, editorial pieces and adverts, the magazine depicts the islands’ history, must-see attractions, as well as the best of accommodations, restaurants, beaches and other products.
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Mr. Maurice Loustau- Lalanne and Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Mrs. Sherin Francis were among guests present at the launch on Wednesday. The event at the Traders Vic restaurant of the H Resort Beau Vallon Beach was also attended by local tourism trade partners, especially those featured in the magazine.
- Continuous marketing efforts and new travel options combined promises further growth in Seychelles’ visitor arrivals from German-speaking market
- Christine Barbier readies to relinquish crown after memorable, life-transforming reign as Miss Seychelles…Another World 2016
- Seychelles’ Sea Monkey Villa – A look at what makes the secluded, luxury retreat Africa's Best Coastal Property
- Escapades Seychelles 2017 – A growing partnership reaping a successful harvest on the French market
- The Seychelles Tourism Board organizes China Roadshow, announces incentive for top selling Chinese agents
- Making the most of new opportunities: Seychelles attends inaugural ITB China
- South Korean novelist, Young Ok Baek joins Friends of Seychelles-Press circle
- Travel agents in Hong-Kong gain insights to better sell Seychelles as a destination
- French travel agents join the list of Seychelles experts after successful FAM trip
- Ethiopian Airlines to increase frequency to Seychelles in December