Doreen D’Souza has been appointed Resort Manager of DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles – Allamanda Resort & Spa. She becomes the first Seychellois and African woman to be appointed to the top role by the resort.
Prior to her promotion, D’Souza was the HR & Training Manager for Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and DoubleTree by Seychelles – Allamanda Resort & Spa.
D’Souza has 27 years of expertise in the hospitality industry and has been working for Hilton since 2006.
International media buzz on Spanish football star Alvaro Morata whisking new wife to honeymoon in Seychelles
Seychelles appears to continue to be among the preferred choices of international football stars searching for the perfect holiday or honeymoon destination.
According to the UK news site MailOnline, Spanish professional footballer Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello have chosen the island destination as their idyllic honeymoon getaway. This has also been reported in several other UK and Spanish news website.
After tying the knot in Venice, Italy, Morato seems to have whisked his new wife off to a Seychelles honeymoon, spending their first days as husband and wife enjoying the powder-white beaches and clear turquoise waters of the islands.
Almost halfway through the year 2017, Germany has taken the number one spot as the Seychelles main tourism market.
According to latest statistics the National Bureau of Statistics released on Thursday, Germany has sent 21,642 visitors to the island nation up to Sunday June 18th 2017. The figure is 29 percent above that recorded for the same period last year.
This means Germany has surpassed its closest contender, France, which has long been the main tourism market for Seychelles. France, which was number one since the beginning of the year is now second, having sent 20,922 visitors to the island destination.
It’s a wrap! South Africa’s Tropika Island of Treasure season 7 ends, Seychelles’ profile as a tourist destination boosted
The grand finale of the 7th season of South African series Tropika Island of Treasure wrapped up Monday evening, after 12 weeks of spectacular coverage of the Seychelles islands.
Screened on South Africa’s SABC 3 channel, Tropika Island of Treasure Season 7 – filmed in Seychelles – was beamed to millions of viewers who tuned in for the one-hour weekly show.
TV personality Minnie Dlamini was the host of the season and equally well-known Jonathan Boynton-Lee starred as the Games Master.
Touchdown Marketing! Alphonse Island, Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles create awareness at rugby event in Durban
Every opportunity that helps Seychelles to be in the limelight counts!
That is exactly what a team from Alphonse Island, the Seychelles Tourism Board and Air Seychelles showcased in Durban, South Africa last week.
A big rugby test match between South Africa and France provided the perfect opportunity for them to bring some warm Seychellois cheer to the game, while networking and promoting the island destination’s tourism products.
Several tour operators and travel agents already selling Seychelles, as well as friends of Alphonse Island and past guests of the island were invited to the event.
Better connections with North America’s travel trade expected as Seychelles Tourism Board joins USTOA
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has been accepted as a member of the United States Tour Operator Association, USTOA.
Through this membership, the Seychelles’ tourism marketing body seeks to establish strategic relationships with key organizations within the travel trade community in North America.
USTOA was created in 1972 by a small group of California tour operators, with the aim of having a unified voice to protect the traveling public, as well as to represent the interests of tour operators.
Today, the New York based organization brings together some of the top names in travel and tourism. It also accounts for a large share of the tour operator market in North America. The membership will hence allow the Seychelles Tourism Board to connect with these industry leaders that represent top destinations and suppliers from around the world.
- Seychelles as a ‘destination of choice’ generates interest among travel trade at Indaba Exhibition in Durban
- Seychelles’ MAIA Luxury Resort and Spa wins Best Island Hotel accolade by Prime Traveller Awards
- Air Seychelles announces codeshare service to Beijing, Seychelles Tourism Board hopeful the move will help ease travelling for Chinese visitors
- Seychelles’ annual Benelux roadshow going from strength to strength
- Seychelles concludes 3rd edition of the Eastern Europe Roadshow, providing an added boost to a growing market
- Absolute Seychelles: A new magazine providing an insider’s guide to the island destination
- Continuous marketing efforts and new travel options combined promises further growth in Seychelles’ visitor arrivals from German-speaking market
- Christine Barbier readies to relinquish crown after memorable, life-transforming reign as Miss Seychelles…Another World 2016
- Seychelles’ Sea Monkey Villa – A look at what makes the secluded, luxury retreat Africa's Best Coastal Property
- Escapades Seychelles 2017 – A growing partnership reaping a successful harvest on the French market