The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has officially launched its marketing campaign to reposition the destination in China.
This was during a press conference held at the Four Seasons hotel in Shanghai on May 9, whereby the Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine Maurice Loustau-Lalanne and the STB’s chief executive Sherin Francis met members of the media.
Kenneth Racombo has been appointed as head of resource mobilisation and development at the Southern African Development Community (SADC) Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa (RETOSA).
Mr Racombo who is currently the director general for development and regional integration at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, started his career as an economist working for the same ministry.
Members of the Seychelles’ tourism trade met representatives of the business community and of the government during the second multi-sectoral meeting held recently. The aim of the multi-sectoral meeting is to pave the way forward in overcoming challenges that the tourism industry faces and to touch base on what has been achieved so far in regards to the challenges aired during the previous meetings.
The year 2016 marked five years of the Seychelles Tourism Board’s (STB) presence in China with offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. The focus has been on penetrating the market with both business-to-consumer and business-to-business (B2B) activities.
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) continues to boost its efforts to market the destination in Italy through various means, with the latest being a consumer event known as Travel Experience-Euroma2.
The event was held at Euroma2, one of the most popular shopping centres in Rome, from April 20-23.
Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Tourism Board have teamed up on a tourism roadshow in Germany this week that will cover promotional stops in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
The delegation from Seychelles includes Victor von Schweinitz, Sales Executive for Air Seychelles, Edith Hunzinger from STB, representatives from top hotel establishments and resorts including Constance Hotels, Le Duc, Valmer Resorts, Eden Bleu, Hilton Seychelles and Raffles, and tour operator 7° South.
The group will meet major travel agents from Germany to promote the Seychelles tourism offering as well as the two-per-week nonstop air connection between Düsseldorf and Seychelles launched by Air Seychelles on 30 March.
- Emirates Renews Partnership with the Seychelles
- Tourism principal secretary takes part in United Nations’ high level tourism meeting
- Seychelles marketed at ‘Salon des Comités d'Entreprise’ in Reunion
- Netherlands tour operators discover Seychelles with Qatar Airways
- Seychelles boosts efforts to attract German tourists
- Seychelles showcased at trade and consumer fair in Milan
- Queen Elizabeth cruise ship welcomed at Port Victoria
- Seychelles’ Anse Source d’Argent beach features in top travel magazine
- Reunion Island trade decision makers join local partners in a meet and exchange programme.
- Seychelles showcased at fishing fair in Italy