Another certified green hotel for Praslin: Acajou Beach Resort obtains Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label
The Acajou Beach Resort has become the latest tourism establishment to be awarded the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label (SSTL), after it was successfully assessed and certified as a resort that is integrating sustainability practices in its business operation.
The Minister for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine, Maurice Loustau-Lalanne presented the Chairman of Acajou Beach Resort, Hugh Payet with the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label certificate on Tuesday 11th July.
The ceremony was attended by the Principal Secretary for Tourism, Anne Lafortune and the Tourism Department’s Director for Product development, Sinha Levkovic.
Tourist establishment in Seychelles supporting community initiatives in the fight against climate change showcased on CNN’s Inside Africa
Seychelles, a tiny archipelago of 115 islands, has once again been featured worldwide on one of the world’s most popular global television network -- Cable News Network (CNN).
The international news channel has thrown the spotlight on how communities in Seychelles, including a tourist establishment, are working to mitigate and fight the effects of climate change.
The visit of a filming crew to the Indian Ocean islands earlier in May, has led to the production of three segments aired on CNN’s Inside Africa programme. The first airing was on Friday 7th July.
Kafe Kreol -- Seychelles’ popular beachfront restaurant at Anse Royale reopens with new name, look and ownership
Kafe Kreol -- a café and restaurant offering authentic Seychellois and Italian cuisine will be open for the first day of business on Friday 14th July. The newly refurbished beachfront restaurant replaces the former Kaz Kreol -- the popular feet-in-the-sand eating place at Anse Royale.
The new owners -- the Frichot family -- bought the place after it was closed down for several months. It has taken Mahé Design & Build around six months to completely refurbish the restaurant giving it a modern feel.
The Seychelles Tourism Board & Air Seychelles treat German travel agents to a ‘spontaneous weekend’ in Seychelles
As Germany maintains its position as the Seychelles’ top tourism market in 2017, the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) continues to work with local trade partners to boost the knowledge of German travel agents on the destination.
Air Seychelles, with organizational support from the STB and generous sponsorship from various trade partners, treated eleven travel agents from Germany to a “spontaneous” familiarization ‘FAM’ trip to the islands from 7th to 9th July 2017.
Seychelles named top island destination in Africa & Middle East by Travel + Leisure for second year running
Seychelles has been named the top island destination in Africa and the Middle East in the Travel + Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Awards. It’s the second year in a row that Seychelles is rated in the top spot in this category by Travel + Leisure.
Results of the 22nd travel + leisure’s world’s best awards were revealed on Tuesday 11th July. This is based on an annual survey, which allows readers of the New York-based travel magazine to rate their travel experiences around the globe. Readers get to share their opinions on top hotels, islands, cities, airlines, cruise lines, spas, among others.
The best islands by region are rated on a number of characteristics including their natural attractions, beaches, activities & sights, restaurants, food, people & friendliness and value. Their romantic appeal also feature as an optional criteria. For each characteristic, respondents are asked to give a rating based on a five-point scale of excellence.
Seychelles has been enjoying unprecedented exposure on South African TV in the last three months. Besides the much publicised 7th season of Tropika Islands of Treasure -- filmed in Seychelles and aired on SABC 3 for 12 consecutive weeks -- the island destination is being featured in several other shows.
Dan Nicoll, the host of a celebrity talk show aired on SuperSport 1, made his debut with a rod in the waters of Alphonse in early June, showcasing the unique fly fishing adventure offered on the island by experienced fisherman Keith Rose-Innes and his team.
- Tourism Department consults stakeholders on new policy for water sport businesses in Seychelles
- The Indian traveller! The Seychelles Tourism Board holds seminar for greater insights on the potential of the Indian Market
- Seychelles’ National Airline, Port Authority & Hotels shine at World Travel Awards 2017
- Civil Aviation Minister inspects construction progress of new domestic passenger terminal at the Seychelles International Airport
- The Seychelles Tourism Board adopts a more coordinated and inclusive approach as it joins trade partners to chart 2018 strategy at mid-year marketing meeting
- Seychelles wins Indian Ocean's Leading Tourist Board & Cruise Destination accolades at World Travel Awards
- AIR SEYCHELLES TO SUSPEND OPERATIONS BETWEEN DURBAN AND SEYCHELLES
- Capture your Creole cooking! The Seychelles Tourism Board launches Facebook photography competition
- AIR SEYCHELLES FURTHER BOOSTS CONNECTIONS FROM CHINA WITH A SERIES OF CHARTER FLIGHTS FROM BEIJING
- Manchester United centre-back Chris Smalling enjoys summer break in Seychelles with new wife