Seychelles ensures it remains visible on the African continent through a 4th participation in WTM Africa
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) is exhibiting at the World Travel Market (WTM) Africa, as it continues to ensure the island destination remains relevant and grows its share of the African tourism market, amidst growing competition.
The 2018 edition of WTM Africa being held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, opened on Wednesday April 18, and comes to an end on Friday April 20.
Launched in 2014, WTM Africa is considered to be the biggest trade fair on the continent.
The Seychelles’ 2017-2018 cruise season is slowly coming to an end, and Queen Elizabeth is among the last cruise ships to visit the island nation this season.
Queen Elizabeth, one of the world's most famous cruise ships offering luxurious cruises around the world, docked in Port Victoria last Friday at 8am and left the same day at 8pm.
Arriving in Seychelles from Colombo, Sri Lanka, the ship was carrying 990 crew members of some 50 nationalities and 1,890 passengers of 27 different nationalities.
In keeping up with its annual Facebook photography competition, the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) is inviting photography enthusiasts to capture the uniqueness of the Seychelles’ mouth-watering Creole cuisine. The 2018 edition of the competition themed ‘Lakwizin Kreol Seselwa’ [The Seychellois Creole Cuisine] was launched on Tuesday April 16.
Open only to residents of Seychelles, the competition is targetting people aged 18 years and above.
Interested participants have until 10am on May 7th 2018 to submit their photos, which must not have been entered in any local or international competitions before. This year’s competition is an extension of last year’s contest, which was themed ‘Best of Creole Cuisine’.
Seychelles intensifies preparations to become the first African host of the FINA Marathon Swim World Series
Elite swimmers wishing to take part in the FINA/Hosa Marathon Swim World Series to be held in Seychelles on May 20, 2018, have already started to register.
Preparations are well underway with only 32 days remaining before elite swimmers from across the globe converge to the Beau Vallon Beach next month.
The FINA/Hosa Marathon Swim World Series is an annually staged elite-level competition organised in over 9 locations and takes places in either fresh water or at sea.
Seychelles Tourism Board hosts series of workshops in South Africa to drum up bookings to the destination
The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) office in South Africa is teaming up with Air Seychelles and its main Tour Operator partners on the market, to drum up sales and bookings for the island destination.
The breakfast workshops are targeting three main cities and will be involving the participation of travel consultants and travel agents as well as the top supporters of the destination.
STB conducted the first event in Johannesburg on April 12, which recorded a full house participation. Thompsons Holidays also took part and Air Seychelles, which flies five times a week to Johannesburg, also gave a presentation.
Seychelles received some added visibility as Club Liberté set in the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Baie Lazare, was among a handful of casinos represented at an event aiming to showcase some of the best casinos found in destinations across the globe. The two-night event held on March 13 and 14, in London, was organised by the Hippodrome - UK’s biggest and most popular casino.
The invite-only event was attended by some 120 of the Hippodromes’ major VIP clients.
Club Liberté Casino received the support of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) office in the UK. The STB Director for UK & Ireland, Christine Vel, and Marketing Executive, Eloise Vidot, were present alongside Club Liberté’s David Marshall.
- Seychelles Tourism Board conducts four-city roadshow to promote Seychelles as more than a honeymoon destination in Brazil
- Seychelles features among the world’s Top 20 wedding destinations at the ‘Best Wedding Award’ in China
- Tourism Minister heads to Pointe Au Sel and Anse Royale on first hotel visit for 2018
- Seychelles’ 11th Eco-Friendly Marathon set for February 25, 2018
- Seychelles Tourism Board joins cultural delegation at Festival Liberté Métisse in Reunion
- Tourism Department produces new leaflet providing useful tips for a safer and memorable hiking experience
- Condé Nast Traveller Middle East Readers’ Choice Award 2017: Seychelles’ H Resort wins accolade for Favourite Family resort
- Mentors committee for Shannon College graduates holds second general meeting to review progress and chart way forward
- Seychelles Tourism Board presents 2018 strategies at its annual end of year marketing meeting
- Seychelles Tourism Board partners with South African Tourism and Giltedge Ocean Islands in hosting FAM trip for luxury USA travel agents