Road Safety Tips
- Always drive on the left.
- Speed should be adjusted according to the road conditions.
- Drive at a safe speed and always observe the speed limit.
- Always wear your seat belt and ensure that your passengers do the same.
- Do NOT drink and drive.
- Follow other vehicles at a safe distance.
- Do not use a mobile phone while driving.
- Overtake with care.
- Do not tailgate.
- Before you drive a vehicle ensure that:
- The vehicle is properly licensed,
- It has a valid insurance policy,
- You have the valid and appropriate licence to drive the vehicle.
- Always cross the road at designated pedestrian or zebra crossings.
- Always use footpaths where they are available.
- Do not cross at bends in the road where you cannot see the danger of oncoming vehicles.
- If you are walking in a group, walk in single file facing oncoming traffic.
- When crossing the road, be attentive and on the lookout for oncoming vehicles.
- Always wait for the bus to stop completely when boarding or alighting.
- Do not stick out any part of your body when you are in a moving bus or car.